Estimated Reading Time: 3 minutes
As summer is fast approaching, it’s time to gear up for warmer weather, longer days and picnics in the park. With corset, cut-out and bralette tops in trend, the outfit possibilities this season are endless. The last thing we want is to feel uncomfortable under the scorching sun, so choose stylish yet lightweight fashion staples to wear this summer!
We’ve rounded up four tops to refresh your summer wardrobe! Check out our picks on some of the best designs available at YesStyle!
Cut-out tops were hot fashion items back in spring and summer last year, and they continue to be trendy this year but in bolder and sexier designs! We’ve seen the cut-out trend everywhere on fashion runways, celebs and fashionistas, and it will be in style for quite a while. Why not try out cut-out tops in a few different iterations this summer?
If your go-to style is low-key and minimal, reach for a plain color piece with a subtle cut-out design. If you’re feeling adventurous, go all out with a cut-out top in a statement-making color or pattern, like animal print. For a bold and daring aesthetic, a cut-out top with a cool asymmetrical design or straps across the shoulders and décolletage will turn heads! The breathable design of cut-out tops is also perfect for the summer heat.
- Pair a cut-out top with jeans or a midi dress for a perfect between-seasons ‘fit.
- If you’re not into boldly colored fashion statements, go for a head-to-toe monochromatic look.
This season, the fashion world is emphasizing comfort by showcasing athleisure, loungewear and lingerie as wardrobe staples. Doubling as innerwear and outerwear, the bralette has transformed into an essential base layer for a fashionable ensemble. Thanks to bralettes, getting an outfit ready has become easier. Just slip any blouse or blazer over a bralette for a summer-appropriate look.
Take the bralette top to a whole other level by choosing a punchier design featuring ruched or ribbed detailing. Alternatively, go for a classic lace bralette to instantly add a sexy yet feminine touch to any look.
- To make a chic yet relaxed impression, wear a bralette under a shoulder-padded blazer and match with a midi skirt or baggy, straight-leg jeans.
- Let a sliver of your sexy bralette peek out from underneath a low-neck sweater, loose-fit cardigan or sheer mesh top.
Another holdover trend from last summer is the cami. Nothing says summer vibes like a sultry and fun camisole top! Camis come in a wide range of fabrics and styles that are suitable for outdoor summer occasions. Whether it’s a camisole in a textured fabric version or a sexy open-back design, this top is essential to any woman’s wardrobe! Sport a slinky, sultry cami for a date night out, or take the modest route by layering on a blazer for a formal, work-appropriate look.
- Layer a camisole top over a blouse or shirt if you don’t want to expose a lot of skin.
- If you’re feeling bold, choose a cami with contrasting colors for edgy appeal, or wear it half-tucked into trousers for a simple casual look.
- Don’t forget to accessorize your neckline with chunky or layered necklaces to accentuate your whole look.
Last but not least, bustier and corset tops should be on your radar this season! The 70s top is still on-trend this year and it’ll add a refreshing, modern zing to your summer lineup!
Although bustier and corset tops don’t have the best track record in terms of comfort, they can accentuate curves and show off your hourglass body! If you haven’t invested in one yet, you may want to reconsider before summer hits.
Love experimenting and stepping out of your comfort zone? Try a bustier or corset top in faux leather or denim for a fresh take on the trend. Alternatively, join the boudoir fashion trend by sporting a sheer mesh corset top. Another option is to choose a floral print, a pattern that’s always perfect for summer.
- Pair the top with simple basics rather than anything overly embellished, so the look won’t veer into festival-ready or retro territory.
- Style with baggy denims, cargo pants or sleek faux leather pants to achieve a Y2K aesthetic.
- Micro-mini skirts, which are also hot items in the fashion world right now, flatter cropped silhouettes and body-hugging tops. A bustier or corset top with a micro-mini skirt is a perfect combo!
- Just like with camisole tops, accessorizing is key so add dainty jewelry or cute heels for an elevated summer look.
(Visited 227 times, 24 visits today)